My 27 month old son helped me prepare an omelette 🙂 Here is a quick video of this Montessori Inspired Practical Life activity !
DISCLAIMER – please take the necessary safety measures while working with kids.
Benefits Of Practical Life Activities
The practical life exercises are a beginning point in the Montessori environment. They help the child in his whole development – physical, mental and moral.
- To develop the child’s concentration
- To develop fine and gross motor skills
- To help children towards independence
- To establish order
- To develop a good self-esteem
- To appreciate and understand the limits of his environment
- To develop a sense of responsibility
- To aid the child in his construction
- To appreciate culture
Read more about practical life activities in Montessori HERE.
If you loved this post, you might also want to check out more such posts & videos on my Blog & YouTube channel. Do not forget to subscribe to both of them for regular updates!
If you are a Facebook person then I would love to see you on my Facebook Page and closed Facebook Group where I share my daily mini stories/updates that do not always find a place on the blog & YouTube. You can also follow my updates on Twitter & Instagram (@kuhoogupta)
Hope to see you around 🙂