There are many versions of Waldorf inspired Rainbow Stackers (like Grimm’s etc) available in the Indian & overseas market now but before you decide which brand to pick up, here are few pointers you should consider so that your child can make the most out of this versatile toy!
- Make sure the stackers are exact semi circles, i.e. full arch. To check that, just see the smallest piece of the stacker, does it look like an exact semi circle or close to 1/3rd of a circle? To make the most of this stacker toy, it NEEDS to be exact semi circle.
- Make sure that the thickness of all the pieces is at least more than 4 cms. Otherwise they will not stack nicely & tumble down irritating your child
- Make sure the color of the pieces is not glaze finish and has enough friction to bear the weight while they are stacked.
- Make sure that the wood used is not too light (it happen in case of mdf wood), otherwise the stacking will not be neat & stable.
- Make sure the wood used is not too heavy (some kinds of woods are heavier & denser), otherwise it will be uncomfortable for little hands to handle it.
Check out My Dream Shop’s 7 piece Rainbow Stacker HERE.
Do not forget to follow “The K Junction” on Facebook page & closed Facebook group, Twitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori & Waldorf inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!
Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!