Motherhood is full of questions of various sorts, very important question being which products to use for my baby. My son is almost 2 years old now & we have been choosing his products very carefully, be it a soap or shampoo or oil or toys or clothes or diapers. We as a family try to be as close to nature as we can. Our kitchen has a good share of organic stuff like organic milk, organic pulses, aata etc. We use natural products for our skin, even for we adults. We use cloth diapers instead of disposable ones.
And now, watch this TEDx video if you haven’t yet!
When we were purchasing products like oil, shampoo, soap etc for our son, we were shocked to see that the so-called baby products also had so many chemicals in them. Read my full post HERE about the toxins that might exist in baby products & why we should #readthelabel before we buy anything for our children. One fine day I got to know about this new brand called MamaEarth that is Asia’s first MadeSafe certified brand & claims to be 100% toxin free. I was so happy to receive this premium kit of MamaEarth’s 4 awesome products (courtesy : IMC & MamaEarth). I have been using their products for the last 3 weeks now & I must say very happy with them. And now this calls for an honest review from my side! So here it goes.
MamaEarth – A Brand By A Parent
MamaEarth is the ONLY toxin free, MadeSafe certified brand in India & Asia! Their products go through all the required tests and meet the safety standards. The MADE SAFE (Made with Safe Ingredients™) seal means that a product is literally made with safe ingredients that are not known or suspected to cause human health or environmental harm. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day, so that for the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes.
MamaEarth Product Range
They have almost the entire range of products a parent would need for 0 to 5 years – Shampoo, Massage oil, Moisturising lotion, Body wash, Diaper Rash Cream, Sunscreen lotion & insect repellant. MamaEarth products are available at Amazon & FirstCry.
This is what I got in the MamaEarth premium kit. Each of the products is dermatologically tested and contains the MadeSafe seal.-
- A beautiful carry bag – Once I opened their parcel, I was super impressed by their packaging & this beautiful bag! It is so lively in color & quality is great. It can easily accommodate some quick baby items when you are on the move.
- 1 bottle of Massage Oil – A blend of sesame, coconut, olive, almond, jojoba & lavender oil, it is very light on the skin, spread nicely, absorbs well & works great for my son’s dry skin. The bottle has a press pump nozzle which ensures there are no accidental spills even when your toddler grabs it from your hand to play around 😉 yes my son does that! I love the heavenly (natural) smell of the oil, it forces me to hug & hold my son for longer & keep kissing him, haha!
- 1 bottle of Moisturising daily lotion – It contains Shea butter & Jojoba oil & is again very light on the skin, gets absorbed very easily & yet very moisturizing. My son has a very dry skin & a combination of massage oil before bath & this lotion after bath works great for him, even in this winter season where the air is very very dry here in Pune.
- 1 bottle of Insect repellant – It has a natural blend of essential repellent oils like Citronella, Peppermint and Lemon eucalyptus with a base of Soya and Castrol oil, 100% natural & Deet free. It can be sprayed & applied to the skin & your child is free to venture out in the park with mosquitos around!
- 1 bottle of Shampoo – A gentle, tear free shampoo with a ph suited for baby’s skin. It contains coconut based cleansers and Jojoba oil to nourish the scalp. I liked the touch & feel of the shampoo. It leaves my son’s hair soft & smooth.
- Safe & certified by an international authority so we can be assured we are giving the best to our babies
- Excellent quality products
- Very natural, mild & sometimes no smell in the products. I loved this fact because that actually means there are no perfume additives that might be harmful for the baby. And I love natural smells! Ah, not to miss, all this helps retain the smell of your baby, which is heavenly, especially with newborns 🙂
- Very competitive pricing – their products are priced at 299 INR each, which is not at all high for the quality & certification it comes along with.
- Lovely packaging as I mentioned above. And different animal cartoon pictures on the products make it interesting for toddlers too 😉