Holi is incomplete without sweets & Gujiya is a must have during Holi, specially in North India. I remember my mom making a bunch of gujiyas when I was in school. Here is a simple recipe & you can learn how to make this Indian sweet Gujiya.
How about celebrating this Holi with these home-made mouthwatering Gujiyas?
Now as you are aware you can make Guiiya during any festivals be it Holi or Diwali, follow these simple step-by-step instructions to make crispy gujiyas at your home.
Do share this recipe with your loved ones too.
- 100 gms Almonds, chopped
- 6 tbsp Cooking oil • 3 tbsp Raisins
- 200 ml Water
- 400 gms Sugar
- 500 gms Maida
- 4 tbsp of ground coconut
- 1 kg Khoya
- Mix maida with 5 tbsp of oil using your fingers for 5 minutes.
- Make a soft dough and knead it lightly using water.
- Cover this dough with a wet cloth and leave aside for some time.
- Then in a frying pan, deep-fry the khoya till light brown in color.
- Add chopped almonds, sugar, raisins and grinded coconut, now mix well.
- Fry again for few minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Stuff half of the chapati with the khoya mixture.
- Fold and draw the edges of chapati inwards to close.
- On slow fire, deep-fry the gujiya till golden brown.
- Take out using a sieve and drain the oil properly.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining dough.
You might want to check out these simple fun activities for Holi that you can do with your kids. Click HERE to browse.
Now go ahead and start making this delicious sweet at your home!!!
Do not forget to follow “The K Junction” on Facebook page & closed Facebook group, Twitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori & Waldorf inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!
Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!