Babies are precious & so is their skin – fresh & delicate like a dew! As a mother, I always try to find out the best for my son’s skin. Something which is free from chemicals as far as possible & which is dermatologically tested, specially for baby’s skin. The concern is all the more justified because a baby’s skin is 20% thinner than adult skin. The skin barrier is not fully developed & harmful bacteria can easily enter the skin if the barrier is damaged, which in turn can cause moisture loss, redness, rashes & itching.
When I was invited to the launch event of Baby Sebamed Sun Lotion on 19th March 2017, I was more than excited to be a part of it for the simple reason that I had heard some real good reviews about Sebamed products & lately I have been feeling the need of a sunscreen lotion for my two years old son & I thought this would be a good starting point to choose one for him! I must say, I was not disappointed at all with the product. And there cannot be a better way to welcome the summers with we moms being reassured that our babies’ skin is safe when they go out in the sun 🙂
To start with, I must say that the event was a LOT of fun for moms as well as kids (0 to 6 years). There were presentations about Sebamed, their research, their findings, there was music, dance, games & small lovely gifts for the kids & the most important part of the event was the Yoga Session for moms & kids.
This event made an entry into the Indian Book Of Records for more than 50 kids & moms doing Yoga together, along with a trained Yoga instructor, under the sun!
I am so happy to be a part of this awesome record, along with my son!
Sebamed is one of the world’s leading skincare brands from Germany, researched by a dermatologist, with over 50 years of rich experience. It has a presence in 85 countries worldwide & has over 120 products. Their philosophy is to use botanical ingredients & ensure stringent quality standards. Their products are recommended by dermatologists, Paediatricians & Gynaecologists in India & across the world.
Features Of All Sebamed Products
- pH 5.5 – Alkali-free & soap free
- High quality and high purity of ingredients
- Developed and recommended by dermatologists
- German engineered
- Dermatologically and clinically tested
- Biodegradable, no animal testing
- Free from mineral oils and harsh chemicals.
Key USPs of Baby Sebamed Range
- pH 5.5 helps in the development of acid mantle
- High concentration of botanical extracts nourishes baby’s skin
- No irritants, so better tolerated from day 1
- 0% irritant reactions & 0.000003% allergic reactions
- Clinically proven efficacy
And now, about the brand new product that they launched – Baby Sebamed Sun Lotion
Instructions For Use
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before exposure to the Sun.
- Reapply frequently to maintain the protection, especially after bathing.
- Avoid exposure to the Sun between 11 am and 3 pm.
- Use hat, shirt, sunglasses and sunscreen suitable for child protection.
- Can be used for babies of 6 months & above
- pH 5.5
- 98% UVA protection
- Skin protection with Vitamin E
- Natural formula providing intense hydration
- Oil-free, non-greasy, does not leave any residue, gets absorbed in the skin easily
- Free from paraffin / parabens / PEG bonds
- Water & sweat resistant – which means we can apply this when we go for swimming this summer!
- SPF 50 – which is pretty high & hence makes the effect of the sunscreen even better
- No perfume – this looks like a limitation but actually it is good because there will be some chemicals going inside the product if an artificial perfume is introduced in it
- Pricing – It is priced at 1400 INR for a bottle of 200ml, which is on a higher side but given the USPs, I think most parents would not mind going this extra mile when it is about the skin safety of their children
You can know more about their products HERE
All Baby Sebamed products are available on major online stores like Amazon, FirstCry etc.
The description of this launch event cannot be complete without pictures, so here they are – an absolute fun filled beautiful Sunday morning at a venue that is one of the best in Mumbai – Radio Club, Colaba.
The view of the sea & tons of boats was one of the interesting elements for almost all the toddlers there. They were glued to the windows watching the boats & playing with the balloons, making friends with each other.
There was a quick presentation about the skin care & Sebamed brand from the experts.
Followed by the product launch, and that too by the children 🙂 It is a kids’ product at the end of the day!
We got to try the sun lotion too!
Kids were super happy with the games, music & dance session that followed.
Then we all headed out together in the sun to set out a unique record! Something that has not been done so far – 50+ kids & moms doing Yoga together under the sun with a certified Yoga instructor!
This has gone into the Indian Book Of Records, yayyy!
Some photo booth madness by my toddler 😉 Yes, he is officially a record breaker now!
And a wonderful talk by the celebrity Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Trichologist, Dr Simple Aher
, on the importance of skin care.
All in all, a very well spent Sunday morning with lots of takeaways about skin care, information about the Sebamed product range & a sumptuous lunch to end with 🙂
Hope this review will help you in choosing the right skin care range for your child.
Happy Parenting 🙂